KILBRIDE NATIONAL SCHOOL
Ní neart go cur le chéile
Policy on Religious Education
The ethos of our school is Catholic education, which transmits a philosophy of life inspired by belief in God and in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The school recognises the dignity and value of each person made in the image and likeness of God.
- Prayer is a feature of every school day.
- Modules of the Grow in Love Programme supplement the children’s religious education in the home.
- The school’s code of behaviour reflects the Christian values promoted within the school, with an emphasis on forgiveness, reconciliation, new beginnings and hope.
- The children, in being prepared for their Sacrament of Reconciliation, the Sacrament of the Eucharist and the Sacrament of Confirmation, are accompanied by the faith presence of the staff and the support of the local community.
- While the parents and godparents are the first educators of the child in the ways of faith, the teachers and the other pupils in the school provide other opportunities to reflect on the richness of the Catholic heritage.
- Visits by the local clergy and celebrations of Mass and prayer services with various groups assist in this respect.
- While the ethos of the school is Catholic, there is due respect and recognition for all religions.
This policy was approved by the Board of Management in the academic year 2018/2019 and will be reviewed in the academic year 2019/2020.